Recipe by Lvs2Cook
A little bit different peanut butter cookie that tastes great. Half a bag of semisweet chocolate chunks can be used in place of the chopped semisweet chocolate.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Beat peanut butter, brown sugar, butter, honey. egg and yanilla in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir dry ingredients into peanut butter mixture in 2 additions. Stir in chopped chocolate.
- Cover and refrigerate until dough is firm and no longer sticky, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350º. With hands, roll 1 heaping tablespoonful of dough for each cookie into 1 3/4 inch ball.
- Arrange cookies on lightly greased baking sheets, spacing 2 1/2 inches apart.
- Bake cookies until puffed. beginning to brown on top and still very soft to touch, about 12 minutes.
- Cool cookies on baking sheets 5 minutes. Transfer cookies to rack to cool completely.