Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
These have a little heat but are not blow your head off hot. The pepper just adds a new depth of flavor that we found very pleasant.
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- 354.88 ml packed light brown sugar
- 236.59 ml chunky peanut butter
- 14.79 ml vanilla extract
- 4.92 ml cayenne pepper
- 3.69 ml salt
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1 egg
- 414.03 ml all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Grease cookie sheet.
- Mix the butter and the sugar until creamy.
- Add the peanut butter, vanilla, cayenne, salt, and baking soda and mix well.
- Add the egg and mix it inches.
- Add the flour, 1/4 cup at a time till all incorporated.
- Form into 1 inch balls and flatten slightly before placing on the cookie sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Here's where you make that criss-cross design with the fork if you want.
- Bake 8 or so minutes for chewy cookies, a bit longer for crunchy cookies.
- Cool on rack when done.
These are great! I made these for a church picnic and they went fast. My whole family likes these even the picky 6 year old. I going through a phase where I'm craving spicy foods....this fits the bill.
I like the cayenne in these! Thanks for posting!
This recipe ROCKS! What an interesting match of flavors, they work very well together. I used smooth PB cause that's all I had, will make yearly! Dawn