Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
These cookies have a subtle peanut taste and a little bit of crackle from the corn flakes.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cookies (With a Corn Flake Crunch!) recipe from Food.com.
- In bowl of electric mixer, cream butter and sugars.
- Add peanut butter; mix well.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda.
- Stir in corn flakes until incorporated.
- Roll dough into 1" balls, place two inches apart on cookie sheet. (If dough is too tacky, add a little more flour.)
- Press down balls with fork (dip it in flour if need be) to make a criss-cross pattern.
- Bake at 375 for 10-12 minutes until set and lightly golden.
- Transfer to racks upon removing from oven.
AMAZING! I never would have thought to put corn flakes in cookies, but I love the subtle crunch. Will make again soon.
From 6/07 I don't much like peanut butter cookies but my dh does and I had some peanut butter to use up. I liked the subtle texture that the corn flakes gave the cookies. Updating 7/13 Just now making them again. Now I don't eat corn so I substituted Rice Krispies and they turned out just as good. Thought I would share the idea.