Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These healthy peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with peanut butter flavor.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- in a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barley combined ( still a bit dusty looking).
- Let sit for 5 minutes, give one more quick stir (just a stroke or 2).
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork.
- (Note: this I a loose batter, so if you're set on doing criss-crosses, go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step).
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Keeping an eye on them so they don't over bake. Or they'll be dry.
- Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.