Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
These healthy peanut butter cookies are soft, chewy, and packed with peanut butter flavor.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cookies (Vegan) recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- In a medium mixing bowl combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- in a separate larger bowl combine the peanut butter, maple syrup, olive oil, and vanilla.
- Pour the flour mixture over the peanut butter mixture and stir until barley combined ( still a bit dusty looking).
- Let sit for 5 minutes, give one more quick stir (just a stroke or 2).
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls onto parchment-lined baking sheets. Press down on each one gently with the back of a fork.
- (Note: this I a loose batter, so if you're set on doing criss-crosses, go ahead and chill the batter for an hour or so before this step).
- Bake for 10-11 minutes. Keeping an eye on them so they don't over bake. Or they'll be dry.
- Let cool five minutes and transfer to a cooling rack.