Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
These never last in the house or at work. Just an amazing flavour that is very moorish and you just cannot get enough of them. Very easy basic cookie but with all the flavour and melt in the mouth experience.
- 4 1⁄2 ounces butter
- 5 1⁄2 ounces peanut butter (your choice)
- 5 1⁄2 ounces white sugar
- 3 1⁄2 ounces brown sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 1⁄2 ounces plain flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 3⁄4 ounces peanuts (for topping)
- 2 tablespoons demerara sugar (for topping)
- Beat butter, peanut butter together.
- Add the sugars; beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Sift flour, baking powder,salt.
- Fold dry ingredients into the mixture.
- Chill for 15 minutes.
- On greased trays place balls of the mixture keeping well apart.
- Flatten with a damp fork.
- Sprinkle with the peanuts and sugar from the topping list.
- Bake for 15 minutes at Gas no 3.