Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
After these are made stand back or you will be crushed in the rush to get to these! The yield depends on how large you make these cookies.
- 3⁄4 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, at room temp
- 1 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 2 cups quartered miniature peanut butter cups
- 1⁄2 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄3 cup mini chocolate chip, melted
- In a large bowl beat peanut butter and butter until well blended.
- Beat in sugar, baking powder and soda until well blended.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until well blended, and slowly begin to add the flour at low speed.
- Stir in peanut butter cups and mini chocolate chips.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Form cookie dough into 2 inch balls and place evenly on a cookie sheet.
- With the bottom of a sturdy glass press down to make perfect circles (this is if you wish to make as a gift and pack in a tube-or you have kids like mine-"her's is bigger!") Bake for 10 minutes, remove to a rack to cool.
- Take the 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips and pour into the ziplock baggie and seal.
- Microwave at 50% power for 1 min, turn bag and repeat.
- mush around with your hand to make sure all chips are melted.
- Snip off a very tiny corner of the bag and pipe chocolate onto cooled cookies-I do fast lines in all directions, and let stand until chocolate is set.
I thought these were really good, but DH told me I should have reduced the amount of peanut butter or left out the peanutbutter cups. I doubled the recipe (something I just always do because of the love of cookies my family has; never can keep the cookie jar full so don't know what I'll do when the grandkiddies come into this world), including doubling all ingredients except the peanutbutter cups, so I was really surprised when DH told me this. There were so many chunkies (chocolate chips and peanutbutter cups) that when I formed the balls they barely wanted to hold together (lots of chips kept falling out of the dough into the bowl as I did this). My daughters seemed to like them OK, but I didn't hear any 'out of this world' type remarks from them like usual when I've hit on a really great recipe to try. These were a soft and chewy cookie, which is our preferance. Thank you for sharing this recipe Di!
Delicious! Chocolate & pb is my fave flavour combo!! The bag of pb cups I bought only gave me about a cup & a half but that was plenty. I didn't bother refrigerating the dough, just dropped it by the spoonful. I also didn't bother drizzling the chocolate on top & these cookies were still impressive!