1 hr 5 mins
I'll confess I haven't made this recipe yet, but I wanted to submit it before I lost the newspaper clipping. The article attributed this recipe to "Cooking for Comfort" by Marian Burros. Cooking times are approximates.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter, plus
- 2 tablespoons smooth peanut butter
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar, minus 1 tablespoon sugar,plus
- additional sugar, for sprinkling
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/3 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces dry-roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1Place oven racks near middle position.
- 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 3Using electric mixer, cream together peanut butter and butter.
- 4Add 1 1/2 cups minus 1 tablespoon sugar and cream 20 seconds on medium speed.
- 5Scrape bowl and mix 30 seconds more.
- 6Add eggs, 1 at a time, and beat well after each addition.
- 7Beat in vanilla.
- 8Sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- 9Add to peanut butter mixture all at once.
- 10Mix until blended.
- 11Stir in peanuts.
- 12Scoop dough onto ungreased baking sheets; there should be 9 cookies per sheet.
- 13You will need 3 sheets.
- 14On each cookie, press down lightly with large fork in 2 directions to make cross, flattening dough slightly.
- 15Sprinkle each with about 1/2 teaspoon sugar.
- 16Bake 7-9 minutes in preheated oven.
- 17Remove from oven and cool on baking sheets.
- 18Cookies will be very soft, but as they cool they will firm up somewhat, though they will still be soft.
- 19Remove cookies from sheets when cool and fill with ganache.
- 20Spread ganache evenly over bottom side of 12 cookies.
- 21Top with remaining 12 cookies.
- 22To make ganache:.
- 23Break 1 pound bittersweet chocolate into small pieces and process in food processor fitted with metal blade until finely ground.
- 24Heat 1 pint heavy whipping cream to boiling point on medium-high heat.
- 25With motor running, pour cream into feed tube of processor; process until chocolate is smooth and melted.
- 26Place in bowl and cool.
- 27Refrigerate only long enough to thicken to spreadable consistency, so it will form thick layer between 2 cookies.
- 28It can be reheated, if necessary, by placing bowl in warm water and stirring until smooth.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cookies Sandwiched With Ganache
Serving Size: 1 (2327 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.6
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.3 g
- Saturated Fat 22.6 g
- Cholesterol 130.2 mg
- Sodium 496.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 28.0 g
- Protein 13.9 g