Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
Johnny Cash was my husband's cousin and I was lucky enough to obtain a cookbook of Johnny's mother's recipes titled, "Favorite Recipes From Mama Cash's Kitchen." I've been asked to post some of the recipes from the book and this is one of them.
- 118.29 ml shortening
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 118.29 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml peanut butter
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 2.46 ml salt
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 295.73 ml sifted flour
- Cream shortening and both sugars.
- Add peanut butter and well beaten egg.
- Add salt, soda and sifted flour.
- Makes a rather stiff dough.
- Form into balls on cookie sheet and press both ways with fork.
- Bake in 350 degree oven until done.
These were very light and tasty and came out wonderful, even if you forget and dump the peanut butter in with the sugar and shortening right away! :-) I used butter flavor Crisco because that is what I had on hand. I have an odd oven and mine took about 12 minutes. Thanks for sharing this peanut butter yumminess!
These were really easy, and exectly what I think of when I think "Peanut Butter Cookie" I baked mine for 9 mins. Thanks for posting this one!