Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
- 177.44 ml peanut butter
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine, softened
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, firmly packed
- 118.29 ml granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 354.88 ml all-purpose flour
- 3.69 ml baking soda
- 1.23 ml salt
- granulated sugar
- In medium mixing bowl beat together peanut butter, butter, brown sugar, 1/2 cup granulated sugar, egg and vanilla until creamy.
- Blend in flour, soda and salt.
- Cover. Refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Form dough into 24 balls, each about 2-inches in diameter.
- Arrange about 2-inches apart on two cookie sheets.
- Flatten with fork dipped in granulated sugar to form criss-cross pattern.
- Bake in preheated 325°F degrees convection oven on racks 2 and 4, 10-12 minutes (or bake in preheated 350° degrees radiant bake oven 10-12 minutes) or until light golden brown.
- Cool on wire racks.
Not too dry, not too sweet, and very peanut-buttery. I loved them and so did the guys.
Easy, excellent recipe. I always modify everything. I used natural unsalted, no sugar chunky peanut butter, egg substitute, splenda and added chocolate chunks. This one's a keeper.
Excellent Cookie!!! Stayed soft for several days afterwards. Everyone at work wanted this recipie.