Recipe by mpryan
A family favorite, thin and crunchy.
Top Review by PanNan
This is the perfect classic peanut butter cookie. They were crispy/peanut buttery/buttery - just right. I dipped the fork in sugar instead of flour when making the criss-cross - my preference. The recipe made 36 cookies using 1 1/4 inch balls of dough. It took about 10 - 11 minutes in my oven, and mid-way I turned the cookie sheet since my oven is a little hotter in the back. Hard to beat this recipe.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix butter, peanut butter, sugars and egg thoroughly.
- Measure flour by sifting.
- Blend all dry ingredients; stir into butter mixture.
- Chill dough.
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Roll dough into 1 1/4-inch balls.
- Place 3" apart on lightly greased baking sheet.
- Flatten criss-cross style with fork dipped in flour.
- Bake 8-12 minutes.