1/3 Photos of Peanut Butter Cookies
Kozmic Blues's Note:
Simple and yummy and vegan! Flax seeds are a great substitute for chicken's eggs in baking, and add fiber and omega 3s! :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 3/4 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seeds
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 3/4 cup natural-style peanut butter
- 1/2 cup margarine, non-hydrongenated (I use Earth Balance)
- 3 tablespoons almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup peanuts, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 375 dgrees.
- 2In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, and salt.
- 3Whip the ground flax seeds and water until thick and creamy.
- 4In a large bowl, combine the brown sugar, peanut butter, butter, milk and vanilla.
- 5Beat at medium speed with a hand dmixer until well blended.
- 6Add flax seed mixture and beat until just combined.
- 7Add flour mixture (and ground peanuts or chocolate chips if using) and mix until just blended.
- 8Drop 1 tbsp of the batter onto cookie sheets about 2 inches apart.
- 9Flatten slightly in a criss-cross pattern with the tines of a fork (I use a pasty cutter, and roll it across the cookies).
- 10Bake cookies for 10-12 minutes or until set and just beginning to brown. Do not overbake.
- 11Remove from oven and let cool on the sheet for 3-5 mintues before tranferring to a wire rack to finish cooling.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (1029 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.6
- Calories from Fat 72
- Total Fat 8.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 11.8 g
- Protein 3.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: