Prep 20 mins
Cook 36 mins
I received this recipe off a neighbor about 14 years ago. At that time we lived in Washington State. These are the only pb cookies I really like because it isn't dry and it isn't an overpowering pb taste.
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Mix and sift flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream sugar with shortening and peanut butter.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Gradually add milk and vanilla.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture. Thoroughly mix together.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto greased baking sheet.
- Using a wet fork, make a criss cross pattern on top to slightly flatten cookies.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degree F oven for 12 minutes.