- 1 cup chunky peanut butter
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 375 F.
- Combine peanut butter, shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract in a medium bowl. Beat with an electric mixer set at medium speed until smooth and creamy.
- Combine flour and salt in a small bowl; mix well. Add flour mixture gradually to the peanut butter mixture, mixing continually.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to ungreased baking sheets. Flatten in a criss-cross pattern with a fork dipped in granulated sugar.
- Bake 8-10 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely.