Recipe by Lilexchem
I think the original recipe came from my grandmother, but I can't be certain. Basically I'd whip this out for school parties as a quick and easy sweet so I wouldn't have to make my mom go shopping at the last minute. But just over time I kept perfecting it and even experimented a bit (like I added cinnamon to the mix for the holidays and it came out really well). Hope you like!
- 1 cup peanut butter (can be creamy or crunchy)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- vanilla extract (to taste)
- water, 1 small bowl
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Measure out the peanut butter and sugar and combine in mixing bowl with egg and vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Let mixture sit for about 2 minutes (I think it's easier to handle when the mix dries out a little bit).
- Roll cookie dough into balls about 3/4 inch in diameter. This depends on how big you want your cookies.
- Place cookies onto cookie sheet at least 1 - 1 1/2 inches apart.
- Use a fork and the small bowl of water to make the markings in the cookies. Make an indention with the fork horizontal and vertical on the cookie dough ball. Be sure to wet the fork after each indention so the dough won't stick.
- Place cookies in oven for around 12-15 minutes. There is no set time, but the cookies will be done when the bottoms and edges turn golden brown.