Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
peanut butter cookies. I have been using this recipe for 40 years. I like it because I can make a triple batch and freeze for later "quick cookies". I roll the mix into balls, place the balls on a cookie sheet and put it in the freezer. When the balls are frozen I put in freezer bags with a dozen or two balls in each bag. Don't put unfrozen balls into a bag to freeze; they'll stick together. I also use a meat tenderizer (the tool) to mash the balls (faster than a fork).
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (packed)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cream peanut butter and butter.
- Add sugars; mix well.
- Add egg and vanilla; mix well.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt.
- Add to first mixture; mix well.
- Form into balls.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and flatten with a fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees F. for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from sheet and let cool on waxed paper.
great recipe, cookies taste great, especially still warm from the oven!