- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and water, beating well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour, and flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.