Southern Living; a simple, basic cookie that my kids love.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and water, beating well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour, and flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.