Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Southern Living; a simple, basic cookie that my kids love.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- Cream shortening; gradually add sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs and water, beating well.
- Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture, beating well.
- Stir in peanut butter.
- Shape into 1-inch balls; place 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
- Dip a fork in flour, and flatten cookies to 1/4-inch thickness in a crisscross pattern.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove to wire racks, and cool completely.
Sorry, I usually like most of the recipes I find here but not this one. It lacked flavor.
I am a sucker for a good peanut butter cookie and this is such a quick, easy and delicious recipe! I am making them for the third time in 3 weeks! I made them for a playdate for my 1 year old and they were so good that I decided to make them for our church harvest festival as well. Now I am making them for a fellow mom who just had a baby and is getting dinners for a week from our mom's group. She is lactose intolerant and I thought these would be a perfect dessert since they are made with shortening! Win, win, win! Oh, and my 1 year old loves them and gets a big smile on his face when we give him a piece of ours! Thanks for sharing this great recipe.
This is one good cookie! I added 1 t.vanilla to the dough for a little added richness. I also rolled the dough in sugar for extra crunch prior to making the criss cross pattern on the cookies. These are classically good peanut butter cookies and will be my go to recipe from now on.