Recipe by DJay
I like this one. it has a ture peanut flavor.
Top Review by vrvrvr
These are fantastic cookies. I doubled everything except the peanut butter. For the shortening, I used 3/4 c. butter and 1/4 c. shortening. I chilled the dough about 15 minutes before rolling into balls and using a fork dipped in white sugar to make the criss-cross pattern. Honestly, these are some heavenly p.b. cookies!! Love them!!
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and sugar thoroughly.Add vanilla and peanut butter.Add egg and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients and add to creamed mixture.
- Roll into balls.Place on greased cookie sheets.And press down with floured fork tines.
- Bake in moderate oven (350 Deg. F).
- For 12 to 15 Minutes.
- To vary this recipe sprinkle tops with chocolate peices.Press lightly.