Prep 10 mins
Cook 9 mins
I have not tried this recipe. I got this recipe years ago from a cookbook. You can use butter in place of the margarine.
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup shortening
- 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Mix together white sugar, brown sugar, peanut butter, shortening, margarine, and the egg.
- Stir in the flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Cover the cookie dough and refrigerate 3 hours.
- Heat oven to 375.
- Scoop cookie dough out by tablespoon fuls and shape scoops of cookie dough into balls.
- Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten each ball with a fork and make a criscross pattern.
- Bake 8-10 minutes.