Recipe by echo echo
I love the texture that the shortening-butter-peanut butter combination imparts to these cookies. Personally I like them soft, but you can cook them a bit longer if you want crisp. I'm totally guessing at the number of cookies this yields--I just keep going until I run out of dough. I've made these with crunchy peanut butter, but I think creamy is best. Chilling time included in preparation time; the actual work time I'd estimate at 15 minutes.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs, beaten or 1⁄2 cup egg substitute
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream shortening and butters with sugars; mix in egg thoroughly.
- Blend flour, baking powder and salt and stir into creamed mixture.
- Chill 1-2 hours.
- Roll into balls the size of walnuts; crisscross with fork dipped in sugar.
- Bake at 350F until brown (7-9 minutes for soft cookies or 10-12 minutes for crisp).