Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
I recently found this recipe stuck away in my files it goes back 25 years, it is the best PB cookie around! Add in finely chopped peanuts and/or mini chocolate chips if desired. Plan ahead the dough needs to chill for minimum 2 hours before baking. If you are doubling this recipe prepare two separate recipes in 2 bowls do not double the complete recipe into one bowl, it will effect the texture of the cookie. You will LOVE this cookie, I promise!
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup chunky peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄4 cup Crisco shortening or 1⁄4 cup Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon maple extract or 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped peanuts (optional)
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl mix together both sugars, peanut butter, shortening, butter, egg and maple extract using an electric mixer on medium speed until well blended.
- In a small bowl mix together flour with baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture until well blended.
- Add in peanuts and/or mini chocolate chips (if using) mix to combine.
- Cover tightly and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours or up to 24 hours.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet/s.
- Shape the dough into about 1-1/4-inch balls.
- Place about 3 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Flatten in a crisscross pattern with a fork dipped into sugar.
- Bake about 8-10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then remove to a wire rack to cool.