Recipe by Happy Hippie
This recipe for peanut butter cookies originated from an old community recipe book I've had for years. This is the only peanut butter cookie I make and everyone loves them.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 -2 teaspoon milk, if necessary
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cream shortening and peanut butter.
- Add sugars.
- Beat until fluffy.
- Add egg, beat until smooth.
- Sift flour and baking soda together; beat into the creamed mixture, mixing until thoroughly blended.
- Add milk if dough is too stiff.
- Shape dough by tablespoonfulls into balls, place on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Press slightly with fork dipped in sugar (crisscross shape).
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.