- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, Softened
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, Packed
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 whole egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup peanuts, crushed for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 375°F.
- Cream butter with sugar and peanut butter.
- Add vanilla and egg, beating until fluffy.
- Stir in baking soda and salt.
- Blend in flour, Mix until a stiff dough forms.
- Shape into walnut-size balls, place onto lightly greased cookie sheets, Press with lightly floured fork, crisscross to flatten,.
- Sprinkle with peanuts, if desired.
- Bake in oven 10 minutes or until lightly browned.