Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a pretty common one, but the cookies are good and easy to make.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Cream the butter for 2 minutes. Add the sugars, cream for 2 more minutes.
- Mix in the peanut butter and egg.
- Mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Stir into the sugar butter mixture.
- Wrap dough in plastic and refrigerate at least 3 hours.
- Preheat oven to 375°F
- Shape dough into 1 1/4 inch balls.
- Place about 3 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Flatten in crisscross pattern with a fork.
- Bake until light brown, 9 to 10 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for a minute; transfer to rack to cool completely.