Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Just like my mom made them. Make sure you don't cook longer then the specified time or they will burn on the bottom. I've included a photo of the bottom too.
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar (I use light brown)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup peanut butter (a little more never hurts)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- Beat 1st 3 ing. until creamy.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Beat in peanut butter.
- Mix dry ing. together.
- Stir flour mix into peanut butter mix with a spoon.
- Roll into 1 1/2 inch balls and place on shiny cookie sheet.
- Press with a fork.
- Bake in a 350 degree oven (middle shelf) for 12 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Store in sealed container.
Delicious! I was finding most recipes only called for 1/2 cup of peanut butter and for me that just didn't give them the peanutbuttery taste. This was perfect. Thanks for the great recipe! :)
Omg these were suuuper good!
Mmmmm.. these cookies are yummy. Just like another reviewer said, "peanutbuttery". Dipped the fork in sugar before flattening. Made 4 1/2 dozen cookies. I'm going to make the next batch with chunky peanut butter. Thanks for sharing.