- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift flour add baking soda and powder and salt; sift again.
- Cream shortening and peanut butter.
- Gradually add the sugar and cream thoroughly.
- Add the well beaten egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients and creamed mixture.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on lightly greased and floured sheet.
- Flatten with fork, making a criss-cross design.
- Bake at 375° 8-10 minutes.