Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
These used to be DH's favorite, then he discovered Oatmeal Raisin, now I think these are his 2nd favorite.
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- Sift flour add baking soda and powder and salt; sift again.
- Cream shortening and peanut butter.
- Gradually add the sugar and cream thoroughly.
- Add the well beaten egg.
- Combine the dry ingredients and creamed mixture.
- Form into 1-inch balls and place on lightly greased and floured sheet.
- Flatten with fork, making a criss-cross design.
- Bake at 375° 8-10 minutes.
I thought they were good and very easy to make
One thing that makes em great for the holidays I after you cook them, During the cooling process add a Herseys Kiss to them and you have a great Peanutbutter Cookie for the Holidays.
I put crunchy peanut butter in since that was all I had on hand. I also used a small meat mallet to flatten. Be sure to leave enough room on the cookie sheet since they spread. My husband likes this cookie very much.