1/6 Photos of Peanut Butter Cookies
Such an easy thing to make. These are so good with a big glass of milk or a steamy mug of hot cocoa. I have even added chocolate chips and crunched up peanuts. The dough can be also used to make Thumbprints.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375°F
- 2In a mixing bowl, cream butter until smooth and soft, then add each ingredient in the order listed, mixing about 15 seconds after each addition. (either by hand or mixer). It is important to do all the mixing to make the cookie light and crisp. The final dough will be fairly soft.
- 3Grease cookie sheet.
- 4Drop the dough by teaspoon on the cookie sheet. These cookies do not spread, so you can place them about 1-inch apart.
- 5Flatten by making an "x" on the top with the tines of a fork. Dip the fork in a small bowl of flour between each pressing. If the fork sticks too much, put the dough in the refrigerator for five or ten minutes. Hot cookie sheets can make the dough too soft. While one batch is baking, you can lay out and flatten the next batch on sheets.
- 6Bake for about 10 minutes, until the bottoms are just browned. Lift one cookie with a spatula to check. The tops of the cookies will be light in color.
- 7Cookie Varations:.
- 8Sandwich two cookies together with:.
- 9•fruit-sweetened strawberry jam, or any flavor you like.
- 10•or honey (creamy raw honey is particularly good and healthful).
- 11•or smooth peanut butter, mixed with a little honey, if you would like.
- 12Peanut Butter Thumbprints:.
- 13•Instead of flattening the cookies with a fork, make a "thumbprint" depression with your thumb to form a crater. Dip your thumb in flour between each pressing if it sticks. Before baking, fill each cookie with fruit-sweetened strawberry fruit spread, or any flavor you like.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (22 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 133.7
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 17.1 mg
- Sodium 150.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 3.7 g