Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
My grandmother's cookies, they're the best!! I like them because they taste a lot "peanuttier" than a lot of other peanut butter cookies.
- 1⁄2 cup shortening
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter (I use Jif)
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup flour
- cream shortening and peanut butter.
- beat sugar into mixture, add egg and rest of ingredients.
- drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet, flatten into circles with the tines of a fork.
- Bake @ 350 degrees for 10 minute or less.
Looking for an easy peanut butter cookie recipe, and I found it! Delicious .
I made these this morning and they are wonderful. I used crunchy peanut butter and rolled them in sugar, then pressed with a fork. Next time I won't roll them in sugar for it's a bit sweet for me. Even so, I can't stay out of them, I hope there will be some for my husband when he gets home. My 4 year old keeps saying those are the best darn cookies. Thanks, Kimberly!