1/1 Photo of Peanut Butter Cookies
2 hrs 10 mins
From Martha Stewart's website and by far the best ones I've baked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oven to 350°F Line several baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- 2In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, peanut butter, and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, and mix on medium speed until well combined.
- 3In a medium mixing bowl, sift flour and baking soda together. Add to the butter mixture, and beat just to combine.
- 4Scoop out 2 tablespoons of dough, shape into a ball, and place on one of the prepared baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough, placing scoops 3 inches apart. Dip the tines of a fork in warm water; press the dough balls lightly with the back of the fork to flatten them slightly (dip the fork back in the water for each dough ball, to prevent sticking). Sprinkle with a few peanuts, if desired.
- 5Transfer to the oven, and bake until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes, rotating the baking sheets between the oven shelves halfway through baking. Transfer baking sheets to a wire rack to cool. Store in an airtight container at room temperature up to 1 week.
- 6Makes 2 dozen.
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (29 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.0
- Calories from Fat 73
- Total Fat 8.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 17.9 mg
- Sodium 81.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 9.3 g
- Protein 2.8 g