Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe was one of my first attempts at baking for my husband. He LOVED them and I kept this recipe out of all the other ones that I came across. :)
- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter and sugars, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture and blend.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar if desired.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and criss-cross by pressing with lines of fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
They are amazing
Love these! I made up a batch of dough and cooked half, then made the other half a couple days later. They are perfect in my opinion. Soft, but still have a bit of a crispy outside. They are SOOO delicious! Thanks for sharing!
Taste great! I did one batch with crunchy peanut butter and one with smooth, I don't which one I LOVE better. Then only complaint I have is that I wish they wouldn't have spread so much so they could be a little bit thicker.