- 1 1⁄4 cups flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift together flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a mixer bowl, beat butter for 30 seconds.
- Add peanut butter and sugars, beating until fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, beating thoroughly.
- Add dry ingredients to beaten mixture and blend.
- Shape dough into 1 inch balls and roll in granulated sugar if desired.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheet and criss-cross by pressing with lines of fork.
- Bake at 375 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.