Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe I got from my Grandma Mitchell's recipe box. It is the best, great tasting and always turns out for me.
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup chunky peanut butter (you can use smooth too)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup rolled oats
- Have a greased cookie sheet ready.
- Beat together the shortening and sugars til fluffy.
- Add eggs adn beat well.
- Blend in peanutbutter.
- Mix and sift dry ingredients adn stir gradually into batter.
- Stir in rolled oats.
- Shape dough, into balls (1").
- Place on sheet and press with a floured fork.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes.
- 4 dozen cookies.
- Note: If the cookie dough seems a little dry, perk it up with a couple drops of water.
- works wonders.
I added 1/2 c. chopped dry roasted peanuts and a 1/2 chopped Reese pieces - they didn't last at all on the plate at a fanily afternoon gathering!