Recipe by Annacia
A most tasty way to enjoy your morning oatmeal. Please feel free to adjust the water amount to it make the consistency you like best.
Top Review by rosslare
Just like biting into an oatmeal cookie! I used 2 tbs brown sugar and cooked this on the stove top in a traditional manner because I don't fancy microwave ovens. Never new oatmeal could be so yummy!
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats (can use quick if you prefer)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raisins, optional (DH likes them in, I don't. Who ever heard of raisins in peanut butter cookies?)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- brown sugar (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the peanut butter, and oats in a big cereal bowl, add the water.
- Place in the microwave (be sure that the bowl is big enough to allow for boil up). Cook of high for 4-5 minutes Check the first time you make it at 2 mins to be sure you have enough water to please you.
- When done remove and stir in the remaining 4 ingredients.