Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
A most tasty way to enjoy your morning oatmeal. Please feel free to adjust the water amount to it make the consistency you like best.
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (smooth or chunky)
- 1⁄3 cup old fashioned oats (can use quick if you prefer)
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon raisins, optional (DH likes them in, I don't. Who ever heard of raisins in peanut butter cookies?)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon (or to taste)
- brown sugar (to taste)
- Place the peanut butter, and oats in a big cereal bowl, add the water.
- Place in the microwave (be sure that the bowl is big enough to allow for boil up). Cook of high for 4-5 minutes Check the first time you make it at 2 mins to be sure you have enough water to please you.
- When done remove and stir in the remaining 4 ingredients.
Just like biting into an oatmeal cookie! I used 2 tbs brown sugar and cooked this on the stove top in a traditional manner because I don't fancy microwave ovens. Never new oatmeal could be so yummy!
Was a truly wonderful way to start the day! Loved the flavor the vanilla and brown sugar brought. Have happily enjoyed twice now but have not been able to get a photo either time Errr. But please believe when I say it has a wonderful cookie look to it when made in a wide red soup bowl and then microwaved for 1 minute after adding the brown sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Thanks for the post.
I am the oatmeal fan in the family, so I was glad to run across this recipe because it is for 1 serving, and it was a surprise bonus that it was a quick microwave recipe. The peanut butter adds such a nice touch to the oatmeal and it meshes well the vanilla, brown sugar and cinnamon. The next time my kids ask for oatmeal, I will certainly be happy to return to this recipe because I know they will love it, too. Thanks for sharing your recipe, Annacia. Madefor Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.