Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
These sound out of this world. Source: Martha Stewart Living
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3⁄4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄3 cups sugar
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 cups confectioners' sugar, plus more
- confectioners' sugar, for decorating
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line 3 standard 12-cup muffin tins with paper liners.
- Make the cupcakes: Whisk flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Put butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment; mix on medium speed until pale and fluffy. Reduce speed to low. Mix in peanut butter. Mix in eggs, 1 at a time, and vanilla. Add flour mixture; mix until combined. Mix in sour cream.
- Spoon scant 3 tablespoons batter into each muffin cup. Bake until pale golden and a cake tester inserted into centers comes out clean, about 13 minutes. Transfer to wire racks; let cool completely.
- Make the frosting: Put cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, and butter into the clean bowl of a mixer fitted with the clean paddle attachment; mix on medium- high speed until pale and fluffy. Stir in peanut butter with a rubber spatula.
- Spread 1 1/2 tablespoons frosting onto each cupcake. Refrigerate until frosting is firm, about 10 minutes. Using tines of a fork dipped in confectioners’ sugar, score each top in a crosshatch pattern. Cupcakes can be refrigerated in single layers in airtight containers up to 2 days.