Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I had some cookies from The Best Peanut Butter-Oatmeal Cookies and I wanted to do something different with them. And this is the end result. :) I bet this would be great with a chocolate pie filling. The 15 minute cooling time is included in the prep time. If you don't have any cookies leftover from the above mentioned recipe, any type of peanut butter cookie would do. Submitted to "ZAAR" on August 20th, 2008
- 1 1⁄2 cups finely crushed peanut butter cookies
- 1⁄4-1⁄3 cup melted margarine
- In a medium bowl combine crumbs and melted margarine.
- Press into a 9 inch pie plate, making sure to go up evenly on the sides.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Cool at room temperature for 15 minutes.
- Fill with favorite pie filling.
I am not typically a fan of store bought over homemade, but for this recipe I might make an exception. I think store bought peanut butter cookies may have worked better than the homemade cookies I used. My crust was a little oily and soft, but the flavor was good. I followed the Hershey's chocolate pie recipe for the filling, because who doesn't like peanut butter and chocolate. If I make this again I'll try it with Nutter Butter cookies.