Recipe by i_luv_chocolate
This recipe I found in an old issue of Cooking Light. I made it and it was an instant hit with everyone. When I make it I want a stronger peanut butter taste than the recipe calls for so I use about 1/2 cup of creamy peanut butter. I also use a medium size kitchen cookie scoop to form the cookies and drop them onto the pan- just my personal preference.
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter (add more if desired)
- 1⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Beat at medium speed with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add egg whites and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixure, stirring until well blended.
- Cover and chill dough about 1 hour.
- Shape dough into 48 balls. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheets coated with Pam cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 10 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Let cool, then enjoy.