Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This a wonderful afternoon snack or to take on a walk in the park.
Make and share this Peanut Butter-Coconut-Raisin Granola Bars recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9-inch square pan with vegetable spray.
- Put rolled oats, raisins, bran flakes, coconut, chocolate chips, pecans, and baking soda in bowl.
- Combine until well mixed.
- In small saucepan, whisk together peanut butter, brown sugar, margarine, honey and vanilla over medium heat for approximately 30 seconds or just until sugar dissolves and mixture is smooth.
- Pour over dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Press into prepared pan and bake for 15-20 minutes or until browned.
- Let cool completely before cutting into bars.
these were great, and easy to put together! I only had sweetened coconut so i cut back on the br. sugar a bit. Perfect sweetness, and I loved how I had everything on hand!
Good and rich. Recipe realistically makes about 12 bars. Followed recipe exactly, except did not add chocolate chips, but mine came out crumbly--still tasted good, but hard to send in lunches or take as a snack.
My first attempt at this turned out crumbly, mainly because I added too much "stuff" in proportion to the liquid AND I was too impatient to let it cool down completely before I started digging into it. DH and I couldn't stay out of it, it was so addictive. I had as a cereal in the morning and munched on handfuls throughout the day. Made again today with the right proportion of ingredients, so maybe we'll get to cut them into bars this time around--if I can wait for them to cool completely!