Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Slow cooked cocoa? yes! just plan ahead and get ready for a treat.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Cocoa in a Crock Pot recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup powdered chocolate milk mix or 1 cup chocolate fudge powdered cocoa mix
- 8 cups hot water
- 3⁄4 cup chocolate flavored syrup
- 1⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
- Place cocoa mix in a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker.
- Carefully stir in hot water.
- Stir in chocolate-flavored syrup.
- Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 3 to 4 hours or on high-heat setting for 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Whisk in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Ladle cocoa into mugs.
- Makes 9 (8-ounce) servings.
I made 1/4 recipe in my 1 1/2 qt crock! 2 packets sugar free cocoa mix, 2 c water, 1/4 c hershey syrup, 1 Tbl PB, and a dash of vanilla. Reduced calories and sugar by half! Yummy treat and warmed me up on a chilly fall morning. Thanks for a keeper Annacia. Made for Diabetic Tailgate Party.
This was very yummy! I halved the recipe with no problems. :)
Yummy! I made half this recipe on the stovetop in a small saucepan, simmered uncovered, till reduced by about half. It worked out great. It's worth mentioning that this is very creamy even without milk, so if your out of milk, no worries! We all gave it 5 stars! Thanks for sharing this keeper recipe. :)