Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Kids love this quick and easy to make cocoa. It tastes great. Come on, chocolate, peanut butter and whipped cream...doesn't it sound good to you?
- 8 ounces homogenized milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup, thick
- 1 tablespoon smooth peanut butter
- 2 ounces whipped cream
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup, garnish (for drizzling)
- Pour milk and vanilla extract into a pot and simmer 10 minutes, add the chocolate sauce and mix well.
- Next add the peanut butter and stir until melted.
- Once the cocoa is at desired temperature pour into a warm mug and top with whipped cream, garnish with a drizzling of chocolate sauce.
We liked this but it could have been a little sweeter for us. I used a store brand of hershey's so that might not have been as sweet. My Dh said it was like drinking a peanut butter cup.
I made this peanut butter cocoa for my son. I didn't add whipped cream and more chocolate syrup on top and he liked it so much. Thanks Baby Kato :) Made for Zaar star game
This does taste like a peanut butter cup! (I actually made this twice-once with peanut butter and once with almond butter. Great both ways!) Made for Winter 2010 Comfort Cafe game.