Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are a nice change of pace from your ordinary cinnamon roll and a favorite of peanut butter lovers!
- 2 (1/4 ounce) packages active dry yeast
- 2 1⁄2 cups warm water (110 degrees, F)
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box yellow cake mix
- 6 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2⁄3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Let stand approx.
- 5 minutes.
- Add cake mix, 1 cup flour, eggs, oil and salt.
- Beat well.
- Stir in remaining flour until a soft dough forms.
- Knead the dough on a well-floured surface until it becomes smooth and elastic (approx. 5 minutes).
- Place the dough in a greased bowl.
- Turn the dough in the bowl so the entire dough is coated.
- Let it rise until doubled in size (approximately 45 minutes).
- Punch the dough down and divide it in half.
- Roll out each section and spread the peanut butter over each.
- Sprinkle each section with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Roll the sections and cut into 1 1/2 in.
- Place the rolls into greased baking pans, and rise until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes.
- Frosting: Beat butter and peanut butter until fluffy.
- Slowly beat in 1/2 the sugar.
- Mix in 1/3 cup milk.
- Beat in remaining sugar.
- Slowly add milk until the frosting is a desired consistency.
- When rolls come out of the oven, frost and enjoy!
Amazing cinnamon rolls! I have made them several times for family and friends. For me it takes longer to make than the time shown at the top of the recipe but it's worth the effort.