Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I have not tried this French Toast yet but I'll try it soon. It looks too good. I'll have to LOL This is from Rachael Ray. If you don't want peanut butter and chocolate, you can use cream cheese and jam instead :) That's what is suggested.
- 1⁄2 cup peanut butter
- 8 slices bread
- 1⁄4 cup mini chocolate chip
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2⁄3 cup grape jam or 2⁄3 cup jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- whipped cream, for serving
- Spread 1 tablespoon peanut butter on each bread slice. Divide the chocolate chips amond 4 slices; top with the remaining bread slices, peanut butter side down, to make 4 sandwiches.
- In a shallow bowl, whisk together the milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla and salt. Soak each sandwich in the egg mixture until saturated, about 5 seconds. Transfer the sandwiches to a large platter in a single layer.
- In a small saucepan, cook the jam and 3 tablespoon water over low heat, stirring occasionally, until warm and smooth.
- In a large skillet, melt 1/2 tablespoon butter over medium-high heat. Add half of the sandwiches and cook until golden, about 2 minutes on each side. Repeat with the remaining butter and sandwiches. Slice and serve with the whipped cream and jam syrup.
WOW! I had some cinnamon bread that I was planning to use to make french toast. On a whim I decided to check the tag games and see if I could find a french toast recipe. I am so happy that I did and found this recipe. My almost 7yo son wants this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I doubled it and we have a lot of egg mixture left over so next time I won't double the egg. Even my Dh gave it 5 stars.
Made this OUTSTANDING BREAKFAST/DESSERT the other day & was very happy with the results! I made it as written (except for the grape jelly), & then served it with a slather of cream cheese & topped it all off with a drizzle of a homemade strawberry sauce! Definitely something I'll make again! [Tagged, made & reviewed in Gimme 5 tag]
I got a huge *WOW* from my nephew, and that is quite rare. He loves desserts more than anything, so I felt strongly he would like this recipe. Him and Buddha devoured them. I just had a small taste because I don't care for grape jelly much, but it was very very good, and quite unique. Rachael Ray is commonly known for her 'sammys' and (in good fun is aka 'bobble head Betty'), but you gotta give it to her, she does have some terrific recipes! :)