Prep 20 mins
Cook 23 mins
Recipe off a bag of Robin Hood flour. Found it easy to make and a good bar cookie. If you like peanutbutter and chocolate, try these!
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup quick-cooking oats or 3⁄4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1⁄3 cup peanut butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (1- 6 oz bag)
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Grease 13 x 9 inch pan.
- Mix sugars and butter in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in flour, oats, peanut butter, baking soda, vanilla, salt and egg.
- Spread and press into pan.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes on until golden brown.
- Immediately sprinkle with chocolate chips.
- Return to oven about 1 minute until chips are glossy.
- remove and smooth and spread chips with a knife or spatula.
- Mix glaze until smooth, and thin enough to drizzle over melted chips.
- Cut into 2 inch squares.
These were pretty good and easy to make. I only had one problem and that was spreading the chocolate. The chips never really melted enough to spread nicely. I'll make them again, though!
I haven't tried them yet, they're still cooling. They look pretty good though. It didn't take that long to make, for which I was glad. It's not to hard either. Lots of peanut butter, so if you don't like peanuts... BEWARE
The bars came out pretty good, i used milk chocolate instead of semi sweet because that is all I had. and when I put the glaze on I used a fork to make it look pretty.Thank you for recipe.