Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Found this on the internet. Great for kids and adults!
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups peanut butter
- 6 cups Rice Krispies or 6 cups COCOA KRISPIES® cereal
- 6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate bits (1 cup)
- 6 ounces butterscotch chips (1 cup)
- Generously butter a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a 3 quart saucepan mix light corn syrup, sugar and peanut butter.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring until peanut butter melts, stir constantly.
- Bring mixture to a boil.
- Remove from heat and stir in rice krispie cereal.
- Press mixture into buttered 9x13 pan (using well buttered hands).
- In double boiler, melt semi-sweet chocolate bits and butterscotch bits together. Make sure your water is not at boiling point when doing this (do it slowly).
- When melted spread over top of Rice Krispie mixture.
- Chill until top is firm and cut into squares.
I have been making this exact recipe for nearly 20 years and it never lasts more than a day around this house! Crunchy and sweet and peanut butter-who can resist?
Wow! These are fabulous! I used cocoa krispies for mine and loved the combination of peanut butter and chocolate. These are pretty rich so I cut them in smaller squares. Really perfect with a cup of coffee.