Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My mom had this recipe hand written on an old recipe card. It is so tasty and can be fairly low in fat if you use low fat/fat free milk, Cool Whip and chocolate syrup. And it's so good you'll never know the difference! Cook time is chill time.
- Beat the peanut butter into the milk in a small bowl.
- Add the pudding mix.
- Beat on low speed of a hand mixer for 2 minutes.
- Fold in 1 cup of whipped topping.
- Divide half of pudding mix between 4 parfait glasses, top with banana slices and 1 tsp chocolate syrup.
- Repeat layers, ending with syrup.
- Divide remaining 1/2 cup whipped topping between glasses and top with 1/2 tsp more syrup each.
- Chill for about 30 minutes in the fridge.
- Top with chopped peanuts before serving, if desired.
Very good dessert. Will make often I am sure!!
Wow this is good. A very good light dessert if we use light ingredients, which I did. I used skim milk, reduced-fat peanut butter (2 tbs), fat-free vanilla pudding. I did it with just 1 banana. Another time I'll omit the banana, it was great with it, but wihout it I really love it. Just the part of the milk with peanut butter, vanilla pudding and whipped topping is great as is. I would eat it like that without the chocolate. Thanks Flower. Made for 123 hit wonders
This was a pretty easy recipe to make. I tripled the recipe and put it in a triffle dish b/c it was for a crowd. It was really tasty but it didn't hold it's layers after it was spooned out of the triffle dish. It still tasted great, but it wasn't very pretty! LOL!!I put peanuts in the layers with the bananas. I would recommend eating this all at once instead of keeping it in the fridge for a few days. The bananas get a little too mushy and the peanuts get soft after a couple of days in the fridge.