Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a very good recipe for peanut butter chocolate pie. Freeze this for storage or for a summer treat.
- 1 pre-baked pie shell
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter or 1 cup crunchy peanut butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups icing sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 6 semi-sweet chocolate baking squares, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped peanuts
- In a large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Add peanut butter and 1 cup of the sugar.
- Beat until well blended.
- In a small bowl beat 1/2 cup of whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Gradually beat in remaining 1/4 cup sugar and vanilla.
- Slowly fold cream mixture into peanut butter mixture.
- Pour into cooled pie shell.
- For the topping-in a double boiler over hot but not boiling water melt chocolate and cream together, whisking until smooth.
- Cool to luke warm and then pour over pie.
- You may need to rock the pie back and forth to get even coverage.
- One inch in from the edge form a circle with the chopped nuts and then chill for at least 2 hours.
- Once topping has set you can cover with plastic wrap.
- You can freeze this pie for storage or for a frozen summer treat.
Major wow! This was dessert for last night's cookout, and I made two pies for 10 people, and there's only one tiny little piece left over, but I think one of my kids snagged that for breakfast. I used a soy based cream cheese as well as soy whip, since I didn't want a dairy dessert. The chopped peanuts add a great, crunchy touch to the pie. I used creamy peanut butter, next time it's going to be super-cruch all the way. Diana, this one really rocks!
I made this for a picnic. I made it the day before and froze it. By the time it was served it was soft on the outside and still frozen on the inside....it was wonderful and everyone told me so!! Thanks for the great recipr.
I made this recipe after Di suggested it in the talk area - WOW! This pie is rich, creamy, delicious - pretty much perfect. It was easy to make and after adding the cream the peanut butter & cream cheese filling becomes silky smooth (I used smooth peanut butter). Although it has a lot of sugar it doesn't turn out too sweet. I used a chocolate biscuit crumb base and served chilled. The biscuit crumb crunch went nicely with the smooth filling and topping - Sensational and definately worth the honour of five full stars.