Recipe by Jadelabyrinth
These turn out soft and chewy! A great change from the usual chocolate chip cookie.
Top Review by Singin'Chef
I make this recipe no less than twice a month! I, too, make them gluten-free as it was a VERY easy do-over! I make 16 cookies, eight per sheet, bake each sheet 13-14 minutes, then allow them to cool completely on the sheets; then wrap individually in plastic wrap for grab-and-go. I think the college kid might eat these for breakfast!!! The 'other half' calls them bakery cookies and doesn't mind one bit that they're g-free! Win-win!!
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 1 minute on the sheets, then finish cooling cookies on a wire rack.