Prep 45 mins
Cook 10 mins
These turn out soft and chewy! A great change from the usual chocolate chip cookie.
Make and share this Peanut Butter Chocolate Oat Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- In a medium bowl, cream together butter, sugar, and brown sugar.
- Beat in the peanut butter, egg, and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, oats, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the wet mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips. Mix well.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Place heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Cool for 1 minute on the sheets, then finish cooling cookies on a wire rack.
I make this recipe no less than twice a month! I, too, make them gluten-free as it was a VERY easy do-over! I make 16 cookies, eight per sheet, bake each sheet 13-14 minutes, then allow them to cool completely on the sheets; then wrap individually in plastic wrap for grab-and-go. I think the college kid might eat these for breakfast!!! The 'other half' calls them bakery cookies and doesn't mind one bit that they're g-free! Win-win!!
Since I need to eat gluten free these were a perfect match for me. Nice soft, tasty cookies without buying any special ingredients. Thanks for posting this jadelabyrinth! Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup.
Delicious! Perfect texture and taste. I did use a few less chocolate chips than the recipe called for, though.