1/3 Photos of Peanut Butter Chocolate Mud Pie
This is the best Peanut Butter Pie I have ever tried. My brother-in-law works in a bakery, and developed this. It is rich enough, you can only have a small sliver. Well worth cheating on the diet. I usually double the recipe and put it into a glass rectangle pan.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Chocolate cream for top
- 1/4 semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1Making crust:.
- 2In large bowl combine cookie crumbs, sugar, and melted butter until combined.
- 3Press crust over the bottom and sides of the pie pan and put into freezer for 1 hour.(9-inch pie pan).
- 4Making the Filling:.
- 5Put heavy cream in chilled bowl and beat using electric mixer on medium speed until stiff peaks form.
- 6Put the cream cheese and sugar in a bowl and beat until smooth using mixer on medium speed.
- 7Scrape down the bowl. Add the peanut butter and vanilla, and beat until combined.
- 8Fold in half of the whipped cream gently, but thoroughly, then fold in the remaining whipped cream until completely combined.
- 9Spoon the filling into the frozen crust, spreading evenly. cover the pie and refrigerate it for 2 hours.
- 10Making the Topping:.
- 11In glass bowl covered in plastic wrap, heat the chocolate and cream on high in microwave for 30 second intervals, stirring until smooth.
- 12Pour over the top.
- 13Refrigerate for 3 hours and serve.
- 14TIP: to firm up faster, place it into the freezer for 30 minutes, then transfer back to the refrigerator. But don't forget to take it out of the freezer after 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peanut Butter Chocolate Mud Pie
Serving Size: 1 (76 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 321.3
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 64.2 mg
- Sodium 177.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 13.2 g
- Protein 5.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: