Recipe by littleturtle
Sensational pie. Satiny peanut butter layer topped with chocolate mouse, garnished with peanut butter chips.
- 1 1⁄2 cups smooth peanut butter
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄4 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (9 inch) graham cracker pie crusts or 1 (9 inch) shortbread pie crusts
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup cocoa
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter chips, to garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat peanut butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and milk until very smooth.
- Spread mixture evenly in pie crust.
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand 1 minute to soften.
- Add boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool slightly.
- Mix sugar with cocoa; then add whipping cream and vanilla.
- Beat at medium speed until stiff.
- Pour in gelatin mixture, beating until well blended.
- Spread evenly over peanut butter layer.
- Refrigerate for several hours.
- Garnish with peanut butter chips.
- Store, covered, in Refrigerator.