Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are scrumptious! You cannot stop at just one! They are rich and so good!When you have chocolate, coconut, and dry roasted peanuts, just to name a few of the ingredients, you just know it's got to be good. I don't know where I got this from, but I've been making them for a lot of years.
- 2 cups crushed peanut butter sandwich cookies (about 20)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted (can use margarine)
- 1 1⁄4 lightly dry roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk (NOT EVAPORATED MILK)
- Combine crushed cookies and butter in small bowl; press onto bottom of greased 13X9 inch baking pan.
- Layer nuts, morsels,and coconut over crumb mixture.
- Drizzle sweetened condensed milk evenly over top.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree oven for 20 to 25 minutes, or until coconut is golden brown.
- Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
I crushed 20 cookies which equals 2 cups of cookie crumbs, works in correct porportion to the butter for a crust. This is a nice version of the seven layer bar recipe, which I enjoyed very much, didnt seem too sweet at all. Nice bar will make again with the recipe adjustment.
My favorite combo, peanut butter and chocolate. I crushed 20 cookies and ended up with 2 1/2 cups instead of 1 cup, so that's what I used and added a bit extra butter and had a nice thick crust. I used a mixture of 3/4 cups chocolate chips to 1/4 cup peanut butter chips. Didn't use coconut as we didn't have any. These disappeared quickly...ever with my alterations. I'll be making these again!